In this blog entry I want to highlight five key-sessions of my off-season training so far:
1. Start of the adventure with my new swedish O-club Södertälje Nykvarn Orientering:
I attended a training camp next to Gothenburg, Sweden from 8.-11.12.2016.
We did good and tough trainings in difficult kind of forests, similar to this years 10Mila-area. One of the highlights, a O-Longjog together with my new teammates:
2. To spend some nice days with good friends during turn of the year, Matze and me were doing a mountain-run from St.Oswald to Turracher Höhe. That was an awesome experience with 19km and 1600m of climbing.
3. When there is snow all around, its the best time to go outside and have a run. Then intervals, like 20x 1', are even more fun!
4. runninGraz-Crosslauf and Styrian XCountry-Champs:
For the third time in a row, my athletic club runninGraz organised a X-Country race around Rosenhain in my hometown. I could perform quite well, got 6. in the individual championship class and 2. in the team-championships, together with Andi and Robi.
5. An intense and speedy session together with Robi (15k, 250HM, 3:51'/km) to end a good week of training with 103km of running.
Finally my body was feeling well enough to crash that 100k-border once again.
Text by Mathias Peter.